Gas leak is one of the problems that commonly happen in a household. Many people do not take this problem seriously, which can be dangerous. It is something that people should take notice and action because there are many cases that an explosion or fire started because of gas leak, which causes injury and even death. To know more about this problem, below are the steps on how to deal with it and ways on how to prevent it from happening.
Steps on how to deal with a gas leak
- Keep in mind that your life is the most important thing to consider so you always have to be safe. To make sure that you prevent causing more problem, below are the things you should and should not do:
- Do evacuate the area immediately especially if you notice that there is obviously wrong like flames or sparks
- Do open doors and windows to ventilate the area, only if you can breathe easily and there are no unusual sounds like whistling or hissing
- Do make sure that burners and stoves are switched off
- Do not smoke, or light a candle, match, or other flames.
- Do not turn the lights on or off
- Do not turn any electrical appliances and switches on or off
- Do not use any device that could start a spark
- Call emergency services for help using your mobile phone or other telephone besides your home phone. Make sure to make the call away from your house. Never call within the house when you are suspecting a gas leak.
- Call a company who offers service of gas leak repair. Do not tend to fix the leak yourself because it might cause more problems and might put your life into danger.
One of the causes of gas leak is broken or old appliances that can cause spark or flames, so you have to make sure that the appliances you use are well maintained. Another cause is leaving the appliances unattended especially the gas burners. However, we cannot make sure that we will never experience this problem, so we need something that can help us to deal with it.
If you want to make an immediate action, you will need a gas leak detection system that will determine I there is a gas leak in the area and its cause. The gas leak detector is a useful and safety system device that can detect the presence of gas in an area. Its control system can shut down an operation automatically when it detected a gas leak. It has an alarm system, which can deliver the sound to people once a leak occurred for them to evacuate the place when this happen.
The gas leak detection equipment can save lives and keep away the people and animals from harm. It is usually found on oilrigs, photovoltaic, and can be used in fire fighting. The gas leak detector has two main form factors namely fixed gas detectors and portable detectors. In addition, this gas leak detection system has different types including electromechanical, infrared point, infrared imaging, semiconductor, and ultrasonic.